Campagnolo Super Record Ergopower Shifters – 12 Speed
The new mechanical Ergopower Super Record 12×2 Speed Rim Brake controls: ergonomics, comfort, control, precision.
The new mechanical Ergopower Super Record 12×2 Speed Rim Brake controls offer an important new feature: two brake lever positions that allow riders to choose the lever-handlebar distance that is most suited to the size of their hand. It does so whilst keeping braking efficiency constant the new angle of the up-shifting lever that prevents any possible contact with the curve of the handlebar. The position of the lever is adjusted by acting directly on the controls in a simple and safe manner.
The Vari-Cushion technology offers an ergonomic, comfortable and safe support and grip, ideal for riders who are in the saddle for many hours. The innards of the controls boast a concentration of technologies and experience, starting with the “one lever-one action” feature that assigns one function to each lever in order to prevent shifting errors when tired or distracted. This is followed by the option for multiple shifting that enables upshifting up to 3 sprockets at a time and downshifting up to 5 through the Ultra-Shift mechanism. The new Super Record 12×2 Speed Rim Brake levers introduce a double curvature to improve grip, the Super Records blades are lightened by three slots.
Features and Benefits
- Comfortable body: The controls enable a solid, safe grip when pedalling out of the saddle or gripping high on the handlebar.
- Rapid shifting: Immediate shifting engagement enables activating the front derailleur with minimum effort and in any hand position on the bar.
- Multiple action: An unplanned ascent, a sudden jerk: it takes barely a moment to find the right ratio owing to the multiple action of the controls.
- Ergonomic: The shape of the body and the possibility to adjust the reach enable all cyclists to use these controls, regardless of the size of their hands or fingers.
- Upshifting Lever Integration: More space under the control body when gripping the Ergopower control.
- Customisable ergonomics, 3 levels of reach adjustment.
- Vari-Cushion hood, different thicknesses allowing for greater grip, comfort and water dispersion.
- Upgraded brake lever: the result of meticulous studies (double curve brake lever, new form outward curve).
- Breaking lever pivot aligned with slant of ergo power, more efficient power transfer requiring less energy from riders hand
- Maximum Smoothness Cables: new cable set maintains exceptional smoothness far beyond those of the competition, maximum performance longevity
- Completely redesigned internals for perfect compatibility with new rear derailleur
- Ultra-Shift System, Up to 5 sprockets in downshifting, up to 3 in upshifting.
- Enlarged shifting paddles, for instant reaction access