Campagnolo Super Record EPS 12-Speed Rear Derailleur
Super Record EPS 12x Rear Mech
In the same way as the front, the rear derailleur also exploits many developments achieved for its mechanical 12x predecessor.
The same 45Degree trajectory angle corresponds to a new change of position that electronically improves chain engagement, specific for each sprocket. Better power transmission and less wear and tear of consumer transmission components are just two of the advantages of the positioning of this new rear derailleur with respect to the cassette. Compatible with the 11-29 and 11-32 cassettes, the two jockey wheels have a 12-tooth design and the 72.5mm derailleur cage ensures perfect performance.
The slimmer, sturdier structure of the resilient derailleur cage gives more space between the derailleur and the spokes, making it easier to adjust. Moving the chain onto 12 sprockets in the cassette calls for greater precision, given the increased number of chainrings in the same space. The firmware not only manages this task efficiently and quickly, but the front and rear actuators do their job using the most powerful motors available on the market.
Built with materials such as aluminium, ultra-light techno-polymer and long-fibre carbon, the EPS rear derailleur has been built to meet Campagnolo standards in terms of extreme durability, precision and reliability, despite weighing only 234g.
Features and Benefits
- Motors with high torque and high transmission: Using the best motors for this kind of use allows shifting even under load, maintaining performance and permitting extremely precise, quick shifting.
- Position Sensor: Thanks to the Magnetic Hall Sensor Resolver, the rear derailleur always ensures the chain is in the optimum position for the sprocket selected.
- T.I.N. Special Treatment: This special treatment means that titanium parts are protected and maintain their performance level over time.
- Multi-shifting Technology: The electronic evolution of Multi-shifting has brought a multi shifter so improved that it covers all 12 gears in one movement.
- Waterproof – IP67: Campagnolo EPS transmission complies with international IP67 standards, once assembled your bike will be rated IP69.
- Un-Lock System: Manual unlocking of the rear derailleur means it can be moved manually to the preferred position in the event of a system anomaly.
- UnLock System: A manual rear derailleur release system makes it possible to move the rear derailleur manually into the desired position in the event of a system malfunction
- Multi-shifting Technology: Thanks to the electronic evolution of the Multi-shifting technology, it is possible to multi-shift 11 sprockets at a time.
- Waterproof – IP 67: The Campagnolo EPS electronic drivetrain complies with IP67 international standards.